There are some misconceptions about what exactly a web designer does. There is also a difference between web designer and web developer. A web designer is someone who creates visual design and layout of a web page. A web developer is someone who is responsible for behind the scenes programming of a website. The job of developer is to create code for database websites. Web Designers give business and organizations a presence by building a website for them.
Web designer organizes information, creates page layouts, while communicating the information of business in a website. For some designers it is very important to create another medium for the business to expand. It is important to create a website that enables the business in order to attract new customers and display their product or services as it provides a way of doing business across the countries.
- A good web designer must be able to do both designing and development. It does not work all that way. The hired web designer must be able to perform different tasks.
- He must be current with the new emerging technology.
- A good designer must layout web pages such as HTML, XHTML, XML, and other programming languages.
- He should translate your ideas, needs, and expectations into the web page.
- It is important to create graphics in Photoshop or in any other professional imaging software.
- A good web designer must participate in a web development team.