How to quit masturbation in ramadan
(In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful, all praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger)
Ramadan is the holy month of Muslims full of blessings and Allah’s Mercy. But, Ramadan has its rules and regulations that are imperative on every Muslim to follow. One of these rules is to avoid a really bad habit called masturbation. Masturbation is the worst activity that is done to satisfy one’s own sexual needs. Other things to avoid: Sex, Kissing, Drinking – What to avoid in Ramadan?
In this month we have to chance to quit masturbation and leave it for all. Here are some tips on how to accomplish that task:
- Follow Allah’s order and be afraid of his punishment.
- Lower your gaze.
- Never be alone, always be with friends or family, Satan likes you alone.
- Marriage: If you cannot control then marriage is the solution.
- Pray 5 times a day.
- Follow the Sunnah of the Prophet PBUH.
- Masturbation causes weak eyesight, weak nervous system and lower back pain etc. Keep these in mind.
- Be patient, give alms and follow the company of the righteous.
- Repent and ask Allah from your heart to guide you.
And Allah SWT knows best.
Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the
following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning):
“And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal
sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that
their right hands possess, – for them, they are free from blame. But
whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors.” 23.5-7 Here
the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including
masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And
whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.